Around this time last year, I was setting a goal to run my first half marathon in 2013. As you all know, I accomplished that. And now thanks to everyone that voted for me, I’ll be running THREE half marathons in 2014! Now here it is, December and naturally I’m pondering new goals for the new year. It’s important to have goals!
- Complete the 14 in 2014 Challenge.
- Complete 3 Rock n Roll Half Marathons.
- Include Yoga in my regular workout routine.
- Strength train at least 2 times a week.
- Complete a sub-28 5k!
- Complete a sub-2:30 half marathon!
- Pay off one credit card.
- Set a budget and stick to it!
- Increase my 401k contributions by 1% (after my annual review).
- Set aside $25 each paycheck to savings.
- Continue to build and strengthen relationships/friendships.
- Learn more and grow in my faith and with God.
- Work on my patience (or lack thereof).
- Volunteer more when time permits.
What better way to keep motivated in 2014 than setting some goals, right? If you haven’t already, now’s the time to set down and look at what you want to accomplish in the new year. Forget New Years resolutions…set some GOALS! You can adjust through out the year when needed. But set yourself some goals to keep yourself motivated. Once your goals are set, then sit down and layout your plan to attain them. Don’t forget to award yourself along the way! Cheers to 2014!!
What are your goals for the new year?
Do you set more than just running goals?
See you on the road!