Wow…I’ve been awarded my first blogging award! I’ve just recently became more involved in the blogging community so before I didn’t really pay much attention to stuff like this. When I first started blogging years ago, I didn’t expect it to come this far. I originally started just as an online personal journal for myself (it still is, of course). Then I went through a spell where I thought I had to have a “theme” and I couldn’t make up my mind on what ONE specific subject I could focus and write about ALL the time. Then I finally just settled on blogging about what I want, when I want…thus “A Day In The Life Of Maria…” was actualized. I blog about
anything my daily interests or passions at that point in my life. I’ve recently started joining in on blog hops and link ups and I love it! I’ve learned a lot and it gives inspiration for many things from other bloggers in the blogosphere.
With all that being said, I’ve been award “The Versatile Blogger” award from Hi_D over at Random Hi_D. I never thought before that blogging about my random things would be much interesting so I was happily surprised when Hi_D announced this award to me.
So, here are rules for this award:
- Thank the person that nominated you, and give them a shout out on your blog with a link to theirs.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Send on the award to 15 other bloggers whose blog you love and appreciate and then let them know they won the award.
Hi_D and I “met” though iBlog4.me and she is another Filipina! So right there we had that in common. She, like me, loves to post about anything that she finds interesting in her life at the moment. She also loves to read and write. (Sounds a lot like me again??) I love following her blog and seeing what goes on over on the other side of the world! I’m hoping to learn through her about life in the Philippines.
Seven random facts about me:
- I’m a little bit OCD. Yes, I drive PJ crazy and some people don’t understand, especially him. I’m very very very particular about where things should be and how I do things.
- On top of being OCD, I’m also a neat freak. It absolutely drives me bonkers when things are “messy”. They may be out of place (or if I do have a specific place for it, it NEEDS to be in the specific place) but as long as it’s NEAT, then I’m okay…for a little bit. Don’t get me wrong, I can “deal” with things being slightly messy or out of place. But after looking at it for a while, something builds up in me and I get so irritated until it’s fixed.
- I’m short. I am 4 foot 11 inches. Yes, you read that right…just one inch short of 5 foot! I know, right? I couldn’t have been given just ONE MORE INCH? (That’s what she said…)
- I hate wearing dresses. Feel privileged if you ever saw me in a dress in your lifetime. I’m a jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers type of girl. Every once in a while, I’ll wear heels out and about, but I can’t dance unless I’m in sneakers (and I LOVE to dance)! My daily work outfit consists of dress pants with a casual/dress top or business suits. So after working all day, I love to dress down.
- I’m utterly in love with and completely fascinated with ♥ tigers ♥.
- I’m my daddy’s girl. When it comes to my car, I can change my own tire and check the air pressure, change my own oil (on my car AND my bike), check all the fluids, change my own spark plugs, and change my own battery. Not to mention that I’m also a home owner, therefore I do everything with my house and yard within my means (with friends’ help included!) before I hire someone else to do it.
- I’m a social butterfly but I also cherish my “ME” time!
It was really hard for me to come up with 15 blogs because with being so busy, I can’t keep up with a whole lot of blogs and most of the ones that I do keep up with have “themes”. In sticking with the “versatile” theme, I was only able to come up with nine. So I pretty much failed to meet rule #3…oops! I’m awarding the following blogs:
- Insomniac Mom
- A Geek Saga
- Tattooed Mommie
- Inspiration From The Little Things
- Lattes and Love
- Peace, Love, and Everything Pink
- Black Tag Diaries
- Perfectly Imperfect